cantflymancantflyman

Main News Art Reviews Stats

Professor Fucking Layton Professor Fucking Layton

Funny

I love the Professor Layton series, and I love this Americanized version of it. The animation could've been better, but the voices make up for it. I also thought it was funny how he brings up a puzzle about matches in the middle of a crime scene. :P

And to reyalz below me, you obviously haven't played the game, because no average kid would be able to solve all the tricky puzzles in the game without help.

Nogfish Gets Wasted Nogfish Gets Wasted

Happy Birthday Nogster

Every part was amazing. The Boogley's was, very arousing, and I don't even like fish.

: 4y-Records Episode 5 : : 4y-Records Episode 5 :

I'll admit, it's an improvement for this series

While the last episode went basically nowhere, at least there was a point to be proven in this one. And while that may be the case, that still doesn't excuse the terrible, glitchy animation and annoying voices (mainly the girl). That's my honest opinion.

Waiting for the Bus! Waiting for the Bus!

Holy Crap

This was by far my favorite C&H animation yet. Don't get me wrong; I never even hated the other ones, but this definitely tops them. It's nice to see you took notice of what people didn't like about it and improved on it, such as the length.

When getting on to the story, I found it pretty hilarious how this all started with waiting for the bus and it branches off at random to him becoming a star runner. And while the transition through his life has been done before in other videos, the whole humorous and silly atmosphere made it very enjoyable. Even after all of this, you completely wreck it (in a pretty hilarious way) with the ending. Seriously, I felt after I watched it that it was pretty depressing, but it helped remind us about what we were watching in the first place.

Amazing job. Faved and voted 5.

!!! 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT !!! !!! 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT !!!

I'm so glad this got third place

TOO LEGIT!

TOOOOOOO LEGIT TO QUIT!

Girlchan in Paradise Ep2 Girlchan in Paradise Ep2

WHAAAAAT IS THIS PLACE!?

No offense Ego and Tomar, but I really don't see how you could make a whole series out of this. Yes, I get it. It's a parody of those old low budget dubs with little effort and editing put into them. But honestly, where's the originality? These jokes have been done in almost every form of media I can imagine for many years, so what makes this special? As far as I can see, almost nothing.

I'd be a total asshole of I didn't comment on the animation though. It was very colorful and easy on the eyes, though then again, there wasn't much animation. That I understand since that was what those kinds of animes were like, so I can't really penalize you for that. But in all seriousness, you really are shining as a more artistic animator as of late.

The problem I guess I have is that it's just too much like the thing you're parodizing. At least with Awesome you're able to understand through the entire movie that it's clearly a bunch of jokes, but with this, I feel that you spent too much time showing what these shows were like rather than actually implement well placed jokes into it. And most of the jokes that stood out (such as the constant zooming in and shock reactions) were shoved everywhere to the point where it made me want to shut off the computer. In a real anime like this, they have those a lot, but they're spread out. It'd probably have a lot more of an effect if you did the same. The one time I actually reacted in a positive way to a joke is when the artist got the crap beaten out of him. It's not because of the violence, but the reaction. He actually emoted in a way that contrasted what everyone else was doing. I guess contrast was what this was definitely lacking in, and I'd probably end up liking this more if there was more present.

So, yeah, the animation and art were good, but in the end, this is overdone, unfunny, and completely generic for what an anime parody could be. I was hoping this would end up being a series that I enjoy, but with how this turned out as a sequel, I doubt that'll be the case. For now, I'll wait until the fanboys mark this useless; it's only a matter of time.

Egoraptor responds:

you can make fun of something without pointing at it and saying that it's stupid.

AnusboyII AnusboyII

Wow

I had no idea you'd make a sequel to this, or have intention to make it a trilogy. Either way, this was everything a sequel could've been, and your art continues to impress me to no end. Best of luck on whatever you do next.

Towel Boy Towel Boy

If anyone deserves a TV show...

...yeah, you know where I'm going with that. Excelent humor and timing as always. You're the master of akward.

Life with Navi Life with Navi

Meh

I'll give you credit for the crisp, smooth animation, but the concept has been done many, many, MANY times before. I would've let it pass a bit if you did something creative with it, but it seemed to lack in that area also.

Sorry, but with all of the Zelda parodies on the internet they have to do a little more to do justice to be good, and this just didn't cut it for me.

Tarboy Tarboy

All I can say is, WOW

Great score, great animation, great plot, and even some nice humor thrown in at parts. Your hard work definitely paid off, because this was simply amazing.